10 lines on Makar Sankranti in English is written for you in simple and easy language.
10 Lines On Makar Sankranti in English
1. Makar Sankranti is a popular festival in India.
2. It is celebrated every year on 14 or 15 January depending on the solar cycle.
3. This festival is celebrated in different ways in different parts of the country.
4. Children enjoy this day by flying kites and eating sweets made of sesame and jaggery.
5. On this day devotees take a holy bath in the Ganges and other rivers.
6. On this day people wear black clothes.
7. This festival also marks the arrival of spring.
8. On this day people donate wheat and sweets and it is believed that it brings happiness and prosperity.
9. After Makar Sankranti, the days become longer and the nights shorter.
10. Makar Sankranti promotes happiness and togetherness among people.